Friday, October 28, 2011

Number Twenty-Eight: Sparkle Painted Skull

Today's skull took a lot of processing to get it to where I like it. Usually when I have a drawing that I'm not entirely satisfied with I run it through the Oil filter in Corel's Paint It! Now and that's exactly what I did with this one... eventually. First, however, I drew the original picture using a somewhat silly app called Glitterati. To be fair; it really is like drawing a picture with glitter. The finished product spangles and twinkles just like actual glitterized photos you see around the internet and you can change the size and colour of the glitter you use.

So I drew this skull using the app, not really intending for it to be something I'd use for Art On My iPhone. I really liked the finished product, though, except for the fact that when you save a picture it stops glittering. That's not a problem since I'm not really all about the glitter; it just looks kind of rough and not exactly what I wanted. So I used the Illustration filter in Corel's Paint It! Now and it was closer to what I wanted. Then I couldn't help myself and ran it through the Oil filter and voila! I loved the final result.

Oh Oil filter. Why can't I quit you? Click to see the skull at full size.

P.S. For reference this is what the original Glitterati picture looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment