Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Number Eleven: iPhone Wallpaper

One of my favourite things to do when I'm messing around with my art apps is make wallpaper for my iPhone. One of my other favourite things to do at the same time is combine effects from lots of different apps to make one piece, and I used three different apps for this one. First I used the Jackson Pollock app to paint the earth, grass, sky and clouds. Then I imported it to Snapseed and used the Grunge filter on it until I was satisfied. Finally I used Watercolor Effect to soften it up. Phew!

Watercolor Effect is really meant more for photographs but I like to use it for things I've drawn and painted. There are lots of apps you can find that transform photos into oil or watercolour paintings but used that way they're not my cup of tea.

Click the pic to see it larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment