Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Number Five: A Pollock Demon

I created this demonic face using the Jackson Pollock painting app by Miltos Manetas. It's a very fun app although I find the drops kind of blocky and pixelated looking after it saves, plus the saved pictures are a bit small. I've found that taking a screenshot of the completed work rather than saving it in the app improves the quality. It's lots of fun, though, and not quite as sensitive to tilting as the DrawDrip app which can be a good thing.

My six year-old nephew pronounced this one 'creepy'.

As a bonus here is a picture Essie drew using the same app. I love this one because it looks like there's a UFO flying over it all. You can set the app to paint either with random colours every time you lift your finger or with the colours of your choice so I usually set it to random for Essie and let her have at it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love this!
    maysie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maysie! I know it's not really in the spirit of Jackson Pollock but it's more fun to use the app this way than trying to imitate his style.

    ReplyDelete