Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Number Sixty: A Different Kind Of Preservation

I've mentioned before that we like to go on weekend drives and I always take my iPhone along in case there's something new and exciting for me to capture. Andrew always has his camera as well so he can take pictures of old train stations and on this particular drive I took a few shots of an old station he was stalking. It was late in the day when the sun was already low so my shots didn't turn out well at all, plus I took them with the iPhone camera, forgetting that I'd changed the settings so they were also pretty grainy.

I played around with them, of course, and the drama filter in Snapseed brightened up the shot I chose. I also used Snapseed's crop function, then imported the edited picture into Corel's Paint It! Now where I ran it through the Oil filter, then saved another version that I briefly ran through the Pen and Ink filter. When I had saved those I combined them in BlendCam using Darkness Priority and got what you see here as my final result.

That all sounds fiddly but it's not so bad. I am very fond of this effect and love that I can take fairly crappy photos and make them more interesting. Click on the picture if you'd like to see it at full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment