Sunday, February 26, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Forty-Nine: Carroted

I've been experimenting with trying to find the interesting details of things that might not normally seem so interesting, like Day 147 and Day 134. I complained on Twitter a while back that I would take more interesting pictures if I got out more and a close friend pointed out to me that good art can be made under limitations that seem discouraging. And he is right!

So I looked at this bowl of carrots while I was cutting them up and was struck by the snowflake patterns in the center of each slice. I grabbed my iPhone (which was sitting on the counter near me) and took a few shots, getting a couple of different angles and distances.

It wasn't until an hour or so later that I noticed that my hands had transferred a bunch of carrot juice to the white silicone portion of my beautiful OtterBox iPhone case, staining it a distinct yellow that really doesn't match the pink plastic of the outer shell at all. Stupid! I'm sure there's a way to rescue it. I've read that turpentine will do it but I'll have to look more deeply into that. In the meantime I'm using a green case from the dollar store. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

ANYhow, I did all the editing in Snapseed again for this one because I wanted to get predictable results. None of the pictures I took were quite the quality I was hoping for so I went with the tried and true as far as post-processing goes. I played around with the contrast and saturation and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment