Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Seventy-Nine: Juxtaposition

Today's piece was unexpected, to say the least. I took the top picture in the dyptych this morning while Essie and I were outside. It was around eight thirty and the sky was amazingly clear and blue with only the barest wisps of clouds. I took a shot not really expecting it to be much of much but the blue was so beautiful I just had to.

The bottom half was taken this evening. The brush area near the waterline that catches fire every year caught fire tonight and was burning away, causing huge clouds of smoke and a bright glow over the houses across the street. You can see the glow I'm talking about in the bottom right but it didn't show up as well as I would have liked. I took the top photo with Camera+ and the bottom with the iPhone camera. I edited the bottom one in Camera+ but didn't feel like the top one needed anything at all. After that I combined them in Diptic.

1 comment: