Monday, August 13, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Eighteen: Mmmm, Pie!

A while back we took Essie to Toronto for her three-year neonatal followup visit. I find these visits nerve-wracking and this one was no different. I felt coming out of it that Essie did really well, although something that stuck with me were the frowny faces that the evaluators made over Essie not pretending that little red blocks were actually apples to feed to a teddy bear. They felt that it was necessary that she be able to pretend that an object was another object, and I couldn't really tell them whether or not she did this at home for certain. I thought she might, but I didn't know it was something I was supposed to be watching for specifically.

So today when I saw her gathering up acorns and leaves with this chunk of rock and talking about blueberry pie I wondered what she was up to. She came running up the walkway and pressed it all into my hand, assuring me that she was giving me a 'beautiful blueberry pie'.

I think she's pretending just fine!

I took the shot with Camera+ and cropped it. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment