Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Fifty-Six: Fruitless

Today I heard an ungodly noise outside so ran and looked out the window to see that the city workers had come to cut down my neighbour's tree! Seconds later she Facebooked me to ask if I was aware that it was coming down and there was much excitement.

I've posted about this tree before. I called it The Poop Tree and often made fun of it for its pooplike growths. Well, imagine my surprise when Kristen informed me that one of the workers told her it was a cherry tree and the poops were actually an affliction called Black Knot! Poor Poop Tree. I feel so badly for having mocked it when all along it just wanted to be a sweet cherry tree.

I walked over and took a few shots with Camera+ of the stump that was left when the workers cleared out. I like the shape that is left and though I was pleased with the pictures they weren't quite good enough, so I ran one of them through Corel's Paint It! Now on the Oil setting and absolutely loved the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment