Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Eight: Artistic Genius

This is the most special Art On My iPhone entry yet! It's the first actual realistic representational drawing Essie has ever done (that I'm aware of!) She's accidentally made some shapes like a banana or bird that form out of random scribbles but this time I had parked her at the kitchen table with a pen and paper while I made her a snack. A minute later she said, "Look what I drew," so I came over and she had drawn a head with two eyes and a mouth! I was flabbergasted. She quickly added hair and a nose and a mustache (even though it was supposed to be a drawing of me [reminder to self: check upper lip in mirror later]) and a necklace as well.

I love this drawing. It's very special and we'll keep it forever.

I took the photo with Camera+. I cropped it and used the faded filter on it since it was pretty grainy and dark in the dim kitchen light.

No comments:

Post a Comment