Thursday, November 24, 2011

Number Fifty-Five: A Warmer Time

Yesterday was our first real snowfall here in Kingston this year and sadly it had me already longing for warmer weather. So I looked back through some older shots and experimented with a few, intending to do something creative with something I took over the summer. Instead I settled on this pumpkin shot; one I actually used in the triptych I put together the day after Halloween.

First I opened it up in Corel's Paint It! Now and used the Impressionist filter on it, stopping it a little bit before it was complete. I saved that and opened it again, this time using the Pen And Ink filter and letting it complete. Then I combined both of the filtered pieces in BlendCam using Darkness Priority so the Pen and Ink lines would sit on top of the other piece.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and have been experimenting with similar effects on other photos. Stay tuned for more! (Also make sure to click to see today's piece full sized.)

No comments:

Post a Comment