Sunday, November 20, 2011

Number Fifty-One: Refocused Dandelions

Essie and I have been venturing into the backyard on days when the weather permits so that she can putter around and get some fresh air. I take my iPhone with me of course even though I've exhausted most of the photo possibilities back there before the snow arrives. This day, however, I noticed a couple of hardy dandelions that had managed to go to seed and were waiting for a breeze to fulfill their destinies. I snapped a few shots of them with Gorillacam but couldn't get them to focus, ending up with the background in focus instead. Then I got distracted and never got to back to taking more pictures of them that day.

I was disappointed but fiddled around with them in Corel's Paint It! Now and found that the Impressionist filter disguised the focus issues perfectly. Plus it gave the dandelion the fuzzy, delicate feeling that had been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment