Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Number Fifty-Three: A Horse is a Horse

But, you might cry, this project is called ART On My iPhone, no?

Sometimes my iPhone is also used as a toddler distraction system. I have a little folder of toddler-friendly apps but I also use my art apps to amuse and entertain Essie. Sometimes she wants to draw, sometimes she asks me to draw things for her.

Meritum Paint Pro is a good app for quick fun drawings since depending on what settings you have applied it takes on a life of its own when you paint with it. So when Essie uses it I usually have it set so that there are lots of tendrils and movement. Then she demands a pig or snowman or dinosaur and I quickly change the settings so that I can draw a recognizable form.

YES, this is a recognizable form. Essie immediately recognized it as a horse and likes it so much that every other day or so she asks to see the horse and isn't happy until I pull this up and show it to her. I laugh every time I see it, but to her it is art so who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment