Monday, January 16, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Eight: Emily On The Stairs

On our last day in Toronto we visited Andrew's aunt and uncle for dinner. His cousin Emily was also there and it was a great visit. Essie enjoyed herself despite being pretty exhausted from a week away from home and had a great time climbing on the wooden staircase. She doesn't get as much chance to play on stairs here at home so when she does it's always fun. She and Emily had some quality time there toward the end of the evening and I snapped a few shots.

Unfortunately not many of them turned out well. Essie was moving a lot and I couldn't use Gorillacam since there seems to be no way to turn off the flash and it decides to use it when it thinks the light is too low (even if I don't.) I used the iPhone camera which seems to be happening more and more often these days. Anyhow; one photo in particular caught my eye because of Emily's pose so I decided to use PhotoWizard's mask tool to change the background while leaving Emily alone. First I masked out the background, inverted the selection and used the Bathroom Glass effect on the background. After saving that I used a Drama filter from Snapseed to finish it off.

I loved the result. Emily seems caught in some odd parallel universe or something.

1 comment:

  1. I have many favorites. But this one is definately at the top. Love this effect.

    ReplyDelete