Thursday, January 19, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Eleven: Merciless

Today's picture was taken on the 401 on our way to Ottawa this past weekend. It was a bright, sunny day and incredibly cold out. Days like those are strikingly beautiful (especially when everything is covered in snow and ice like it was that day) but also kind of scary in their starkness. The sun is a bit of a joke when it feels like living on Pluto.

I took the picture from the moving car with my iPhone camera. It's set to HDR so there are ghost images of trees but I kind of like the effect, plus the radiating light from the sun. I imported the picture into Snapseed, cropped it and used a Drama filter on it to highlight the pinks and blues in the light halo around the sun.

I especially like the bird nests in the trees, just waiting for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment