Friday, February 17, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Forty: Artypants Self Portrait

Hello! Here is another self-portrait. I was trying to take some pictures for use in Facebook/Twitter/what-have-you and was not very happy with any of them due to poor lighting and picture quality. So I went the 'highly processed' route and played around with a couple to see what improvements I could make.

This one in particular was very yellow and poorly lit so I first used a Black and White filter on it in Snapseed, then tweaked the brightness. I wasn't all that thrilled with it even then so set it aside. Later I was messing around with Corel's Paint It! Now and decided to see how I liked it with the Oil filter. I liked it... kinda. It was a little too melted-face looking. I saved a copy of it anyhow and imported it into BlendCam where I blended it with the original image on the Thin setting. It brought back just enough of the detail and a hint of a glow without the faults of either of the original images used in the blending process.

Handily all this also erased any wrinkles or blemishes I may or may not have been sporting!

No comments:

Post a Comment