Thursday, February 16, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Nine: Instagrammed

Today's picture was taken in Instagram. I'm not entirely sure why I resisted using Instagram for so long. I guess I figured I didn't need another social network and that I could take better pictures with more varied filters with the apps I already have. These seem to be the thoughts of many people who have been avoiding Instagram. After seeing this entry on Blurbomat, though, I decided to try it for myself and see what all the fuss is about. The picture was gorgeous and gave me the push I needed.

Seriously; within minutes of using it and following a few other users I realized the appeal. Taking your own pictures with it is fun and the filters are varied without being overwhelming. Exploring the photos from the people you follow, though, is addicting. Seeing what they choose to capture is getting a peek into the way they see the world and it's fascinating! It's also very inspiring, prompting me to try to see the same things around me.

This is a detail from the suncatcher in the living room window. I used the Lo-fi filter with the Lux effect and frames turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment