Monday, February 20, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Forty-Three: Slow Shutter Snail

Today's photo was taken with Slow Shutter; a neat camera app that lets you take pictures using slow shutter speed effects. I read about this particular app on Blurbomat and was on the fence about buying it but after reading up on it for a bit decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did! I've barely started using it but this was one of my first attempts using it and I loved it.

I know it looks like a snail but it's really a ceramic coin bank shaped like a cat that Essie discovered would spin for a long time if she put it on its side. I watched her doing this for a few minutes then remembered Slow Shutter and whipped out my iPhone to see what it would look like if I took a picture of it on the Light Trail setting. I was so pleased with the result. It looks like some alien snail or something. After saving the picture I imported it into Camera+ and used the Purple Haze filter from the Color Effects menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment