Monday, July 2, 2012

Number Two-Hundred-And-Seventy-Six: Center Stage

Maybe it's because there are less than one hundred days to go of Art On My iPhone but I find myself wanting to dig around in my arty apps and revisit some of them. I was quite excited about colour isolation when I downloaded an app for it and did a few of them but I didn't want to go overboard. It's one of those things that can quickly become repetitive and boring, but for today's picture I thought it was fitting. My mom has a rosebush that produces these exquisite cream-coloured flowers and I found in the pictures I took recently the background colours kind of overwhelmed the delicate, pretty details.

So after taking the picture with Camera+ I fired up Color Effects and used the easy interface to crop it, paint the original colour back on the flower with the Original Color brush, then touch up the edges with the Gray brush. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment