Friday, August 31, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Thirty-Seven: Hibiscus Central

Today in the front yard Essie suddenly called me over to the flower bed, all excited. There was a hibiscus blooming, big as a lunch plate, and she was extremely impressed with it. I was too, frankly, as I wasn't even sure at that time what kind of flower it was and had to ask my mom later. I took some shots of it but was underwhelmed with the framing due to other greenery getting in the way. There's another one that'll bloom soon toward the front of the garden so hopefully I'll catch that one. I liked this cropped down detail of the center of the flower, though, and the detail in the petals.

My iPhone is still acting buggy after its adventure in the kitchen sink but I am currently able to take pictures and get them onto my computer, at least.

I took the photo with Camera+, cropped it, used the Shade filter from the Scenes menu and the Fashion filter from Effects.

1 comment: