Friday, September 28, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Five: About To Take Flight

Here it is. The 365th entry! I wasn't sure I'd be able to take a photo today that I thought was worthy of my project anniversary entry (I know I'll be doing a 366th entry tomorrow but I already have that one more or less ready to go and today's was still up in the air.) Then as I was walking home from dropping Essie off at daycare I looked up and saw a mourning dove (my favourite kind of bird) perched on some telephone wires. I stopped and took one shot and before I could get another similar one the dove flew away.

I hoped the picture would be good enough and after playing around with it I got what I consider the perfect 365th piece for Art On My iPhone. My favourite bird and one of my favourite themes for a picture or painting; black wires against the blue sky. A blue sky full of endless possibilities!

I took the photo with Camera+, cropped it and used the Sunset filter from the Scenes menu. Then I imported it into Adobe Photoshop Express where I used the Reduce Noise function on it a couple of times to give it a painted look.

No comments:

Post a Comment