Saturday, September 29, 2012

Number Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Six: The End

Well, this is the end! The final piece in my year-long project: Art On My iPhone. It's been so much fun doing this every day. I admit there were some days where I was a bit hard-pressed to come up with something that I felt was good enough for an entry but those days were surprisingly few. I am so thankful that I have this collection of images to look back on. So many wonderful moments from the last year have been preserved in such a meaningful way.

I'm very happy that I didn't miss a day. If I had it wouldn't have been the end of the world but it meant a lot to me to prove I had the dedication and discipline to see this through. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm already mulling over another project I can do in the future!

Anyhow; today's entry is something I've been planning since pretty much the first day of the project. I thought it would be fitting to make an image using all of the images from the project in a mosaic. What I did was look through all of the entries and pick the one with the most diverse range of colour (which I deemed to be Day 153,) then used Photo Mosaica to use every image over the last 365 days to create this photo mosaic. Please make sure to click on this one to see it at full size or you really won't get the full effect.

I'll be making another post in the next day or so about the future of Art On My iPhone. It's going to be continuing in a slightly different incarnation so check back!

6 comments:

  1. Keltie, it has been wonderful to see your work from the past year. There are too many beautiful images to count. Congratulations on setting and meeting your goal! You have a lot to be proud of. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much! I feel awesome about having completed this but at the same time pretty wistful about not doing it any more. I definitely see another year-long project in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I came late to the party, but I've enjoyed the journey. Congratulations! xoxo Can't wait to see what the next project will be. (and good luck with the move.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo!! Wonderful Keltie. You've been such an inspiration. Congratulations! And this is an amazing piece to end on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing last day artwork. you are right bringing it to full size you can really appreciate it. I have yet discovered my project. but you are an inspiration thank-you very much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tremendous achievement, Keltie. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete