Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Number Eighteen: Autumn Tree

Today's picture was first drawn using the Meritum Paint Pro app. I drew it all using the cartoon and sci-fi drawing mode, then saved and imported it to Corel's Paint It! Now app where I used the oil setting.

Meritum Paint Pro is a pretty cool drawing tool once you familiarize yourself with the drawing options and settings. I find it extremely meditative to draw randomly with the force set on high and just watch the tendrils shoot around. If you set it so that the force, tilt and width are low it's pretty effective for controlling placement of lines and details but that does take a bit of the fun out of it.

Corel's Paint It! Now is another app that is intended to give photographs a painted appearance. It has five different painting options ranging from Pen and Ink to Oil. Oil is my favourite (with Impressionist running a close second) because it can do bizarre things to pictures I've drawn in other apps. In tomorrow's entry I'll be discussing my personal preferences when it comes to using filters like these ones on photos but right now I'll just say that I love messing around with my drawings in apps that do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment