Friday, November 4, 2011

Number Thirty-Five: Thorny

You know, I do a lot more photography for this project than I'd initially thought I would. I was saying to a friend a little while back that having my iPhone with me at all times is starting to make me think more like a photographer. I try to frame everything in my mind, trying to see the photographic potential in it.

Sometimes it's more about the idea than a tableau or specific scene I've noticed. I've been trying to get a good shot of the thorns on some of my mom's rosebushes for a while now but they are very uncooperative subjects and the picture ends up focused on what's in the background rather than where I think I'm aiming the camera. I really wanted to capture them, though, with their pointy, fearsome attitude. This shot (taken with Gorillacam and spruced up a bit with Snapseed's Drama filter) is the closest I've gotten to what I've been trying to capture. I'm not sure when my mom will be cutting them back in preparation for next spring so I'll probably try for a few more interesting ones.

As always click on the picture to see it at full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment