Friday, January 6, 2012

Number Ninety-Eight: Fluid Mood

I created today's picture using a neat app called Fluidity, inasmuch as taking a screencap of a pleasing design is called 'creating'. Fluidity is meant as a "beautiful interactive realtime fluid dynamics simulation" and it is definitely that. What it does is generate fluid that moves as fast or slow as you set it and in it are glitters and bubbles and various flashes and colours. You use your fingers to manipulate the fluid and bits of pretty stuff and it's all very hypnotic and soothing.

Of course my goal with apps like these is always to create lovely patterns that I can save and use for artistic purposes. My first thought with Fluidity was the promise of many lovely iPhone wallpapers and this is one of the ones I've made. I saved it, then imported it into PhotoWizard where I used the Clone tool to erase the menu toggle at the bottom left hand corner. I have a few of varying colours so when my mood changes so can my wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment