Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Number Ninety-Six: A Picture That Is Worth At Least Three More

Another go-to sketch that I use when trying out a new drawing app is trees. I draw a lot of trees (as you may have noticed by now) and they're a good, predictable way for me to test out the horizons of a new drawing tool. I've had this app, Photo Draw, on my iPhone since early on but haven't really done anything with it until now. It's supposed to be used more for creating collages than actually drawing pictures but I was having some fun with it today and used a few photos from my picture album to draw the sky, grass and a tree. It looked pretty rough and blocky even set to the smallest picture size so I figured why not see what happened if I introduced it to my old friend; Corel's Paint It! Now.

They got along pretty well after discussing the Oil filter. I ended up with this sturdy, solid-looking tree that I feel is a counterbalance to Number Ninety-Three's delicate, spindly look.

No comments:

Post a Comment