Friday, January 13, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Five: Perfect Colours

Today's piece started as a photograph of the bedroom wall in the apartment. I was going for something artsy and minimalist that included the shine on the paint from the overhead light. It wasn't as visually interesting as it could have been on its own, though, so I decided to play around with it.

First I imported it into NPtR and used a brush on it on the Erase setting, then took a screenshot of it with the original picture still showing through. I imported the screenshot into Corel's Paint It! Now and used the Illustration filter on it, then saved that. Finally I imported it into PhotoWizard and used the Thermal Camera effect on it on the Orange Flood setting.

I can't even express how much I love PhotoWizard. I especially love the masking ability and have plans to post some pictures soon that make good use of it! It's a very strong editing and special effects app and the full version is so, so worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment