Thursday, January 12, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Four: Bed, Window, Bricks

The joys of trying to fit a large bed into a small bedroom. You sacrifice either usable space or aesthetics. And never win.

I did like the layers it gave this photo I took in our Toronto bedroom, though. The Ikea bedframe against the utilitarian blinds and the building across the alley. It kind of epitomizes how I feel about apartment living in Toronto; trying to bring individuality and softness on a budget to a space that has seen so many hundreds before us, scoured and repainted each time someone new comes along. The cramped feeling of all this humanity crowded into buildings that are crowded against each other.

I took the shot with Gorillacam and straightened and cropped it in Snapseed, finishing it off with a Drama filter of course. I then imported it into Corel's Paint It! Now and used the Oil filter and saved the result. Then I combined the Snapseed and Corel's Paint It! Now pieces in Blendcam using Darkness Priority. I really liked how it preserved the detail in the bricks while still giving it some of the paint details.

No comments:

Post a Comment