Thursday, February 2, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Twenty-Five: Sun Kissed

This picture happened last night. I looked out the living room window and saw that the sun was lighting some trees over on Montreal street up like they'd been dipped in gold. I rushed out to take a few pictures with the iPhone camera (and I'm a little worried that the neighbours may soon start to think I'm spying on them.) As beautiful as the trees were I could still only capture the tops of them from where I was standing but I figured I'd get something usable.

When it was time to edit them I chose one and cropped out the houses and cars. I liked how it kept one tree still in shadow, the light just beginning to touch its top branches, with the brightly lit ones behind it but the quality was poor and even a drama filter from Snapseed couldn't rescue it. So I imported the edited shot into Adobe Photoshop Express where I used the Reduce Noise filter a ton of times until I achieved the watercolour-reminiscent effect I'm so fond of for tree branches.

P.S. For reference here is one of the original photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment