Saturday, February 4, 2012

Number One-Hundred-And-Twenty-Seven: Two Of Eighteen Wheels

I'm not a nervous driver or even a nervous passenger (for the most part) but I was pretty freaked out by our recent drive through a snowstorm on the 401. Probably because Essie was in the car with us. Anyhow; I tried to get some good shots of the wheels of transports as we passed them and really only one turned out. I used it in the triptych I posted on Day 120 but I liked it a lot and wanted to play with it more.

I used a Drama filter on an uncropped version of it in Snapseed, then imported that into Corel's Paint It! Now where I used the Pen & Ink filter on it until I felt like it was pretty detailed. I saved that to the camera roll, then reset it and used the Oil filter on it but only for a little bit until I felt like it had the basic idea of the picture but not much more. I saved that to the camera roll, then opened up Blendcam and blended the two 'painted' pictures using Darkness Priority.

I really love this effect. It isn't great for pictures that showcase something delicate like flower petals but I think it really does the subject matter here a lot of justice.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this. The results are fantastic. I'm dying to try this now.
    I've also been meaning to tell you how much I like the new look of your site. :)

    ReplyDelete